I would rather be safe than sorry!
Could you imagine watching the news one day and there you see outta nowhere a hurricane warning, a flash flood warning or a tornado warning shall I go on? That, of course, isn’t the scary part, the scary part is knowing you are not prepared! Your children are looking at you for answers, protection, help and you have no clue what to do or what to say. 😢
You have no emergency meeting spot & everyone including you are frightened. The thought alone is enough to cause me so I decided to be ready for whatever. I can’t live without my kids and they need me, enough said.💪🏽
A life jacket will increase your child’s chance of survival should you encounter a life-threatening flood or sunami. Even strong swimmers are no match for angry water currents! I purchased a pack of four recently and figured I would share… My children and I all have backpacks we know to grab in case of an emergency so I put one in each.
You may find yourself out in the cold harsh weather with animals who don’t want you around. You should purchase a tent that could house your family in such an emergency. Although it’s going to be rough, you still have provided your children with shelter, well done. I never want to be stuck in the wild with no protection from the weather, how could you keep your kids warm or protected? Gosh forbid your like me and have more than one!
Water bottle w/ filtration…
Water is a necessity, who knows where you’ll be and whether it will be safe to drink the water. I would not trust it anyway so I purchased one of these water bottles for each of my children’s backpacks. As a mother can you imagine having to tell your child you don’t have water as he or she stares back at you suffering from dehydration! I think not, not one of mine.
I as a mother am not familiar with survival type things so I had to wing it and purchase one by the experts! I live in an area away from family, it’s just my kids, my brother and I. This is just something I wanted to throw out there as an option if you’re worried about gathering the correct supplies. Sometimes we pay for convenience.
- Created to meet children’s unique needs: The Keep-Me-Safe Children’s 72-Hr Emergency Survival Kit was designed by parents just like you with supplies carefully selected to help you provide for your child in even the worst of circumstances.
- ✅ Food and Water: During an emergency water is vital and access may be very limited, skip the trouble of boiling water or wasting any of your precious supply to reconstitute freeze-dried meals. The USA made SOS Brand, US Coast Guard approved Food Rations and Water Pouches included in this kit have a 5-YEAR SHELF LIFE, are space-efficient, require no extra water to rehydrate, no reheating, and were developed with a low sodium content as to not induce unnecessary thirst.
- ✅ Comfort: Emergency situations are scary, and they are even scarier for children. Yes, it is important to make sure their physical needs are met, but emotional ones are equally as important. In this child emergency go bag, there are COMFORT items included to help provide your child some SECURITY.
- ✅ Color Options: The backpack can be ordered in your child’s FAVORITE COLOR, and the survival kit isn’t marked with our logo or labels. In a disaster, it’s likely emergency supplies will become a very valuable commodity, so a backpack that does not advertise itself as a survival kit will keep your child and you safer.
- ✅ Fun Sized: At only 7 lbs this survival kit is lightweight and compact making it easy to carry for even a small child. The backpack itself holds all the items, and measures 18”x9”x12”.
I can not stress the importance of a good quality face mask. You don’t necessarily if it’s not in your budget need to go out and purchase a $200 army mask! I am on a budget but still wish to live, so I grabbed the masks for pollution and contaminates. I purchased one for each of us.
First Aid Kit…
I made my own first aid kit and you can too.
Just in case…
As I said before when my kids are crying, hurt and afraid I want to be able to as a mother, comfort them and help them feel better!
Therefore, I made some extra purchases with everything going on in the world. These are just some things you may want to consider because again you never know how far help may be!👀
I’m sure all those people who have lost everything including their children due to a natural disaster wish they would have come across a post such as this. IJS I don’t want to be that “mom” living without her children because I wanted to live in the moment.
Potable Aqua Germicidal Water Purification Tablets – 50 per Bottle
PrimalCamp Hand Crank Solar Powered Rechargeable LED Flashlight
RegeMoudal Emergency Solar Hand Crank Radio, NOAA Weather Radio for Emergency with AM/FM, LED Flashlight, Reading Lamp, 2000mAh Power Bank, and SOS Alarm
Survival Tabs 15-Day 180 Tabs Emergency Food Ration Survival MREs Food Replacement for Outdoor Activities Disaster Preparedness Gluten Free and Non-GMO 25 Years Shelf Life Long Term – Chocolate Flavor
Emergency Information to Know & Learn…