Daily Strugglies “Get ya sexy back on a platter” recipie
- 100 g (~ 1/3 cup) white rice
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced or diced
- 8 medium mushrooms, sliced or diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree / paste
- 145 g (~ 2/3 cup) cooked black beans (~ 3/4 of a standard tin
- Black pepper
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 150 g cheddar cheese, grated (~ 1 1/2 cups when grated)
- 1 Tbsp pickled jalapeños (I used green), finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp coriander (cilantro), finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- Toppings, to serve (optional): diced tomatoes, diced red onion, black olives, fresh coriander, jalapeños, diced avocado, etc.
- Boil the rice in plenty of water until just cooked, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a dash of oil in a large frying pan, and add the onion and mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes over a medium heat until slightly softened, then add the garlic, smoked paprika, cumin and tomato puree. Cook for a few more minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the black beans and the cooked rice, and season generously. Mix well to combine.
- Take one of the large flour tortillas, and add about 1/4 of the rice mixture to the centre. Top with 1/4 of the grated cheese. Fold two sides of the tortilla inwards, then rotate through 90° and fold in the other two sides to fully wrap the burrito.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas, rice, and cheese, and place the burritos seam-side down on a baking tray.
- In a small bowl, combine the finely chopped jalapeños, coriander, and sour cream. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Divide the sour cream sauce over the 4 burritos, and spread it around a little. Bake at 375 degrees F for around 15-20 minutes, or until crisped up to your liking. Serve with your choice of toppings.
Per serving: 486 calories, 22 g fat (10.7 g sat), 18.7 g protein, 53 g carb, 665 mg sodium, 3 g sugars, 5.4 g fiber