Daily Strugglies “Nothing fishy about weightloss” Salmon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Pinch of ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, plus 1-2 extra sprigs to garnish
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp of grated dried orange peel (divided)
- Kosher salt or fine sea salt to taste
- 1 bunch thin asparagus (trimmed) (Or other vegetable of choice)
- Olive oil or melted butter to drizzle
- 10–12 ounces sockeye salmon (whole fillet or around 3 fillets)
- Thinly sliced Orange (5-6)
- Optional 1/4 tsp lemon pepper
- Additional Salt/pepper to taste – after baking
How to prepare…
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together orange juice, lemon, 2 Tbsp rosemary, 1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil, pinch of salt, pepper, 1/4 tsp orange peel and garlic. Set aside.
- Next, layer your dish.
- First add your trimmed asparagus (or other vegetable of choice) and drizzle with olive oil or butter. Add a pinch (1/4 tsp or so) of lemon pepper seasoning.
- Place your salmon (skin side down) on between the asparagus spears.
- Drizzle the orange rosemary marinade on top of the salmon.
- Add thin orange slices on top of the salmon and on top of the asparagus.
- Place 2 to 2 fresh sprigs of rosemary evenly on top of the salmon and around the pan.
- Sprinkle a bit more orange peel, pepper, and kosher salt on top of the salmon veggie bake.
- Bake at 400F for 12-15 minutes or until salmon is not longer opaque in the middle.
What your giving your body per serving…
Per serving: 345 calories, 22 g fat (3 g sat), 25 g protein, 10 g carb, 5 g sugars, 3 g fiber