I gained weight!
So I don’t know about you guys but my body decided to pack on pounds while I was in the house stressed out watching the news. I was snacking without thought, preparing meals without measuring ingredients, and my insomnia was working overtime. No sleep means no weightloss or healing for the body. I know we are all on different levels when it comes to fitness but I’m focused on beginners at this time because they will be impacted the most! Check out my suggestions for getting your body back into a state of calmness and your metabolism out of hiding.
This is the Beginner Bodyweight Workout (3 Circuits):
- 20 Bodyweight squats.
- 10 Push-ups.
- 10 Walking lunges (each leg).
- 10 Dumbbell rows (use a milk jug or other weight).
- 15 Second Plank.
- 30 Jumping jacks.
- 15 kickbacks
You will do each exercise in succession without a break in between (if you’re able).
- Once you’ve finished all exercises in the circuit, do it again.
- If you’re still able after the 2nd run through, go for a third if not you’ll work your way up to a third set.
Before you start, don’t forget to do a warm up– Make sure to get your heart rate pumping and get your muscles warmed or you’re just begging for an injury.
You can run in place, jump rope, do a few push-ups, pedal on a stationary bike, do some punches and kicks, jog up and down your stairs, and/or twist and swing your arms and legs to get them moving!
“HOW OFTEN SHOULD I DO THESE WORKOUTS”
Do this routine 2-3 times a week, but never on consecutive days as the body gets used to daily routines & you will loose progress .
You don’t build muscle when you’re exercising, it’s actually when you’re resting, so try not to do a strength training routine (of the same muscle groups) two days in a row.
I like to follow a training pattern of:
- Strength training on one day…
- 20 minutes of interval training the next.
- Strength training again…
- Then back to my interval training or rest!
- Then comes the progress I wanted to see!!
Here’s some suggestions for additional weightloss…
- Playing outdoor games with kids
- Walking instead of driving
- Cleaning party
- Play at the park
- Take the dog for a longer walk or an additional walk
- Have sex
- Dance like nobodies watching
- Get a massage
- Get more sleep
- Take a healthy cooking class
- Try new healthy recipies
- Have a date night
- Create a buddy bootcamp
- Jump on a trampoline
- Have a scavenger hunt
- Sign up for a race
- Try yoga
- Challenge friends to healthy competitions
- Ride a bike
- Cardio kickboxing
- Create a food diary for yourself
- Stop weighing yourself its depressing
- Focus on how your clothes fit
- Limit sugar to 15g per day
- Drink lots of water
- Use essential oils for weightloss
- Create a daily routine where exercise is always incorporated
- Limit the amount of meat you consume
- Avoid dairy it makes you fat like it does cows
- Eat healthy fats such as avocado
- Avoid negative people
- Avoid stereotypes your bodies unique
- Always strive to look and feel healthy
- Control emotional eating
- Incorporate smoothies into your daily routine
- Create a designated workout area
- Purchase game systems that encourage physical activity such as the Wii or xbox connect
- Plan your workouts around when your most energized
- Make your drink of choice water
- Adopt meditation